The Wano Service
We agree to provide you with the Wano Service. The Service includes all of the Wano products, features, applications, services, technologies and software that we provide to you in order to fulfill Wano’s vocation: to connect with other enthusiasts and the things you love. The Service includes the following (the “Service”):
Offer personalized opportunities to create, communicate, connect, discover and share
Each person is different. We want to strengthen your relationships through shared experiences that matter to you. So we create systems that try to determine which people and interests matter to you and others, and we use this information to help you create, find, live, and share experiences that matter to you. This includes highlighting content, features, offers and accounts that may be of interest to you, and providing you with a variety of ways to use Wano based on what you and others do on and off Wano.
• Create a positive, inclusive and safe environment
We develop and use tools, and provide resources to members of our community to help make their experiences positive and inclusive, including when we think they may need our help. We also have teams and systems that work to combat abuse and violations of our Terms and policies, as well as harmful and deceptive behavior. We use all information available to us, including your own, to try to maintain the security of our platform. We may also share information regarding misuse or harmful content with other Kavacode Entities or with authorities. Learn more in the Data Use Policy.
• Develop and use technologies that allow us to constantly offer services to our growing community
Managing and analyzing information for our growing community is essential to our Service. Much of our Service is about creating and using advanced technologies that can personalize, protect and improve our Service on a very large scale for a large global community. Technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning provide us with the ability to apply complex processes across our Service. Automated technologies also allow us to ensure the functioning and integrity of our Service.
• Connect to brands, products and services in the way that works best for you
We use data from Wano, as well as from third-party partners, to show you advertisements, offers, and other sponsored content that we think will be of interest to you. We do our best to make this content as relevant as your other experiences on Wano.
• Research and innovation
We use the information at our disposal to study our Service and to collaborate with third parties on research, with the aim of improving our Service and contributing to the well-being of our community.
Data use policy
The provision of our Service requires the collection and use of your information. The Data Use Policy explains how we collect, use and share information through Kavacode Products. It also outlines the different ways you can control your information, including in Wano’s Security and Privacy Settings.
In exchange for our commitment to provide the Service to you, we ask that you make the following commitments to us.
Who can use Wano. We want our Service to be as open and inclusive as possible, but we also want it to be safe, secure, and lawful. Therefore, we need you to agree to abide by a few conditions to be part of the Wano community.
• You must be at least 13 years old.
• You must not be limited by a prohibition against benefiting from an element of our Service under applicable laws or from using Payment Services if you are on an applicable blacklist.
• Your account must not have been previously deactivated by us due to a violation of the law or our policies.
• You must not be a convicted sex offender.
Prohibited uses of Wano. Providing an open and secure Service to a large community requires everyone to contribute.
• You cannot impersonate others or provide false information.
You are under no obligation to reveal your identity on Wano, but you must provide us with accurate and current information (including registration information). You cannot impersonate someone that you are not and you cannot create an account for another person unless you have their express permission.
• You may not do anything that is illegal, misleading or fraudulent, or act for an illegal or prohibited purpose.
• You may not violate (or assist or induce others to violate) these Terms or our policies, including and in particular the Wano Community Rules.
• You cannot do anything that interferes with or affects the intended operation of the Service.
• You may not attempt to create accounts, collect information, or gain illegal access to it.
This includes creating accounts or collecting information automatically without our express permission.
• You should not try to buy, sell or transfer items from your account (including your username), nor solicit, collect or use the credentials or badges of other users.
• You should not post private or confidential information, and you should not do anything that violates the rights of others, including intellectual property rights.
Learn more here, including how to report content that you believe infringes your intellectual property rights.
• You cannot use a domain name or URL in your username without our prior written consent.
Authorizations you grant to us As part of our agreement, you also grant us the authorizations we need to provide the Service.
• We do not claim ownership of your content, but you do grant us a license to use it.
No changes are made to your rights to your content. We do not claim ownership of the content you post on or through the Service. Instead, when you share, publish or download content covered by intellectual property rights (such as photos or videos) on or in connection with our Service, you hereby grant us a non-exclusive license, free, transferable, sublicensable, and global to host, use, distribute, modify, perform, copy, play or present publicly, translate and create derivative works from your content (in accordance with your privacy and application settings). You can terminate this license at any time by deleting your content or account. However, the content will continue to appear if you have shared it with others who have not deleted it. To learn more about how we use the information and how to control or delete your content, please see the Data Use Policy.
• Authorization to use your username, profile photo and information relating to your relationships and actions in relation to accounts, advertisements and sponsored content.
You give us permission to show your username, profile photo, and information about your actions (like likes) and relationships (like subscriptions) next to or related to accounts, advertisements, offers and any other sponsored content that you follow or interact with that appear in Kavacode Products without paying you any compensation. For example, we can show that you liked a sponsored publication created by a brand that paid us so that we could display its advertisements on Wano. As with actions on other content and subscriptions to other accounts, actions on sponsored content and subscriptions to sponsored accounts are only visible to people who are authorized to view or subscribe to that content. We also respect your advertising parameters.
• You agree that we may download and install updates to the Service on your device.
• When you publish a collection (via the integrated option) you accept that all the photographs linked to this collection are used by Wano.
You give us permission to use the photographs (and only the photographs, no personal, geographic or other information) for research (machine learning) and documentation purposes, even if you delete your account. Wano is an application based on community use, so it is its users who contribute to the improvement of its databases by bringing their own collections to it.
If you have a nice collection of seashells and decide to publish it, it will be sent in moderation before the photographs are sent to the database so that other collectors of seashells can more easily create their own catalog, however , he will never know who made these photos or where they come from.
If nevertheless you really want to delete these photographs once published, you can make a request directly to our services, in accordance with the regulations concerning privacy in force.
Additional rights we keep
• If you choose a username or similar identifier for your account, we may change it if we think it is appropriate or necessary to do so (for example, if it infringes someone’s intellectual property one or impersonates another user).
• If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we hold and make available in our Service (for example, images, drawings, videos or sounds that we provide and that you add to content that you create or share), we retain all rights to our content (but not yours).
• You cannot use our intellectual property and our trademarks, or any other similar mark after having previously received written authorization from us.
• You must obtain our written permission or an authorization under an open source license to modify, create derivative works, decompile or attempt to extract our source code in any other way.
Deletion of content, and deactivation or termination of your account
• Content you delete may be kept in backup copies for a limited time and will continue to be visible if others have shared it. This paragraph and the section below, titled “Our Agreement and What Happens If You Disagree”, will remain in effect even after your account is terminated or deleted.
Our agreement and what happens if we disagree
If any provision of this agreement is unenforceable, the rest of the agreement will remain in effect.
• Any modification to our agreement or any waiver thereof must be written and signed by us. If we fail to enforce a provision of this Agreement, this cannot be construed as a waiver.
• We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
The beneficiaries under this agreement
• This agreement does not offer any rights to third parties.
• You may not assign your rights or obligations under this agreement without our consent.
• Our rights and obligations may be transferred to other people. For example, this could happen in the event of a change in ownership (such as in a merger, acquisition or sale of assets) or by effect of the law.
Who is responsible if an event occurs
• We will use reasonable skill and care in providing our Service to you and in maintaining a safe, secure, and error-free environment. However, we cannot guarantee that our Service will always operate without interruption, delay, or imperfection. If we have used reasonable skill and care, we accept no responsibility for: losses not caused by our breach of these Terms or our actions; losses that neither we nor you can reasonably foresee at the time these Conditions were entered into; any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, illegal or otherwise objectionable content posted by other people whom you may meet on our Service; and events beyond our reasonable control.
• The above provisions are not intended to exclude or limit our liability for death, personal injury or misrepresentation due to our negligence. Nor do they aim to exclude or limit our liability for any other act for which the law does not allow it.
How we handle litigation
If you are a consumer and you ordinarily reside in a Member State of the European Union, the laws of that Member State will apply to any claim, any cause of action or any litigation against us arising from these Conditions or relating thereto (“complaint”), and you can resolve your complaint before any court of that Member State which is competent to rule on the complaint. In all other cases, you accept that the claim must be resolved before a competent court of the French Republic and that French law will govern these Conditions and all claims, without regard to the provisions on conflicts of laws.
Content not requested
We appreciate comments and other suggestions, but we can use them without any limitation or obligation to pay, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
Updating of these conditions
We may need to change our Service and policies and we may need to make changes to these Terms so that they fairly represent our Service and policies. Unless otherwise provided by law, we will notify you (through our Service, for example) at least 30 days before amending these Terms and give you the opportunity to review them before they come into force. Thereafter, if you continue to use the Service, you will be bound by the Terms as updated. If you do not wish to accept these Terms or the Terms as updated, you can delete your account here.